• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Is it? I get that China is “the bad guy”, but does that automatically mean everything China does is intended to hurt the US? Or did they just want to help themselves? Just because the US wasn’t in a position to handle it happening, doesn’t retroactively make it an intentional attack.

The whole point of mass producing something is to make the process more efficient, which lowers the cost. They also hurt themselves if they accidentally end up oversupplying in the process, as then the price is lowered by a higher ratio than their savings on manufacturing costs.

• RedditWanderer@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

oye, if America does it, it’s opportunity, if anyone else does it it’s unfair attacks on America’s freedoms. Everyone knows only america is allowed to take profit from capitalism, the rest is just unfair competition.

• exocrinous@startrek.website
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Maybe America would be happier if the rest of us transitioned to communism. That way America would have all the money and all the profits in the world, and all we’d have is free food, free housing, free healthcare, free utilities, and a society where people can pursue their passions without fear of homelessness or bankruptcy.

• shalafi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

I’ve heard China is moving idle construction workers into solar production. LOL, they certainly don’t need to build more houses.

• VirtualOdour@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

It’s funny how I read so much about housing crisis and climate change and everything else then China does what everyone thinks government should do and they’re the bad guy