So I checked out reddit after a long time and was going through the top of r/videogames subreddit and I could clearly see a pattern in most of the posts there. Posts were mostly like “what game ______ for you?” or “what game _____ like this?” Now I could be wrong but it doesn’t feel ‘organic’ (if that’s correct way to put it). It’s like these are put up intentionally. Thoughts?

• themoonisacheese@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

On that note, anyone feel like YouTube comments have recently turned “too nice”? Like if you go to any yt let’s play, usually the first 10 top comments won’t be talking about the video contents, just “I love that we’re getting regular videos 🤗!” Endlessly. It feels so weird to me compared to the actual discourse that could happen there, and obviously yt comments are infamous for being a cesspool so that’s even more of a jarring change

• zeluko@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Might be bots, might be youtube pushing these more to make everything feel more friendly… and then bots jump onto that again for ads and scams…

• Corroded@leminal.space
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Might be bots, might be youtube pushing these more to make everything feel more friendly…

I wouldn’t be surprised. A lot of YouTubers I follow have talked about how you can get a thousand positive comments but the one negative one will make you second guess everything. Maybe it’s their way of fighting that encouraging more content to be produced

• SharkAttak@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I feel like a lot of comments are just for easy likes :/
      “Who still listening to this in 2024”
      "I also used to build PCs with my poor father… ;_; "

• ivanafterall@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Please don’t apologize! I love that we’re having an open dialog. Isn’t that just like this website, though, fostering communication!? 🤗