Strength of character. Stength of personality. Willpower. How does it manifest for a woman? Assume that a woman isn’t just a man with different bits.

• Paragone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Mom told me that women who reach menopause are suddenly much more likely to initiate divorce, leaving toxic/abusive relationships

Psychologist Susan Pinker, in her book “The Sexual Paradox”, that such women leave careers they’d been pressured-into, by the men in their lives ( ditching academic careers, because the endless-churn-for-“authority-status” isn’t what they value )…

I’ve read the words of a woman who was disappointed to have not got into any of the mixed universities ( UK ), she got into a female-only university, and by the end of week-1, she was euphoric: the absence of sexual-pressure on her all the time, she could learn here!!..

I’ve read the words of a woman who went to a girls-only grade-school, & she learned, in high-school, that the girls who came from mixed grade-schools had been conditioned into learned-helplessness, and would not even try participating in class, by the boys they’d shared classes with.

I read an amazing item in a Reader’s Digest, possibly in a waiting-room, somewhere, on a school-principal who got all the kids and their parents into a gymnasium…

The kids were girls-on-1-side, boys-on-the-other-side, parents in the bleachers/stands…

He asked the kids “who here would rather learn in a boisterous classroom?” The boys, & the dykes, hands shot up…

“Who here would rather learn in a quiet library?” the girls, & a few of the boys ( femboys, prolly ), hands went up.

THEN the parents, who saw, understood, accepting the evidence, instead of the “we’re all the same” ideology, that violated that evidence.

Women are more “yin” than men.

The more “yin” a someone is, the more gentle their forming-context/education has to be, in order that their intrinsic nature be allowed to blossom ( as an extreme-contrast, if you’ve ever encountered an ultra-bullying super-testosterone guy, you maybe can understand that he’d probably be more “educated”, if the education were *at his level of pushing, like boot-camp, or something ).

the “yin” or non-pushiness of the someone needs to be matched by the learning-means, the “yang” or pushiness of the someone needs to be matched by their learning-means.

I wish women weren’t abused by the entire-education-system, but were, instead, boosted into becoming their own LivingPotential.

That isn’t an answer to your question, but it does reframe something important…

Women’s courage is like the courage of Florence Nightinggale, who kept digging, until she understood, scientifically, why “her boys” were dying in the forward hospitals, & she pushed graphical representation of her statistics, in order to convince Queen Victoria.

Yin courage.

Yin courage is more … “watery”, more “keep gently working, we’ll find a way”, as opposed to the more-linear/firey male style of courage.

Like a river, trying to find a way through a blockage put against it…

Gently-persistent, enduring, winning through working with Nature, instead of just arbitrarily overriding it.

The woman who did the classification-system for stars, at some observitory, was demonstrating a kind of courage, given that women had no “validity” in the hearts or minds of men, of the profession, of those days…

The “Famous Five”, who broke the “women legally are not ‘persons’ in the Commonwealth, by law” bullshit also.

( Nellie McLung, iirc, was one of 'em, & a wonderful sentiment of hers goes something like…

"don’t let them decide what’s allowed, or valid,

but instead, just make things right, & let them howl,"

Now there’s a woman. : )

So, as anyone who has seen all the body-language books which identify how utterly-incompetent normal guys are at reading it, women are more-likely to work with & through people.

• spiderwort@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

I’d call awareness of that a feminine strength.

I think that the masculine strengths are focused on by modern culture and the feminine ignored. The gross becomes everything and the subtle disappears from view.

Maybe marketing culture is to blame. It cultivates a few easy triggers and suppresses everything else.

• Lath@kbin.earth
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Oh yeah. Yin and Yang. Feminine and masculine types of energy. Gentle and brusque.
      Described as a type of philosophical way of life, the theory suggests neither can do without the other. Full Yin extinguishes, full Yang destroys. Together, they temper the opposite, as equals.