It’s a significant reversal from recent history: President Joe Biden is struggling with young voters but performing better than most Democrats with older ones.

• disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Unfortunately, that’s the nature of US elections. Maybe one day it’ll change, but for now these are the only votes that will carry through the Electoral College.

FWIW I’d love to see us remove the Electoral College, abolish Gerrymandering, and implement ranked-choice voting to introduce more parties to the table.

• umbrella@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

that’s the nature of US elections

then they arent really democratic are they

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

It’s a representative democracy, not a direct democracy. The founders created the Electoral College to assist in elections due to lack of nationwide information on the candidates. That’s clearly not an issue anymore.

• juicy@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

All you Blue MAGA folks pretend like their aren’t any candidates with basic human decency running for president. Guess what? I have my choice of three candidates who have at least a bare minimum of human decency. And you have three candidates who support genocide. You make your choice; I’ll make mine.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

What?

Are you talking about the primaries? I’m like 99.9999% sure they all dropped out. You’re stuck with Trump and we’re stuck with Biden.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I’m not suggesting you make a different choice than the two. I’m stating that it will not affect US elections in their current structure. You do you.

• jkrtn@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Scribbling over that section of the ballot is also a distinct choice you have. That would affect the outcome just as much as voting third party.

“Blue MAGA.” It’s wild how far-right actors have the self-awareness to write “Blueanon” or “Blue MAGA.” Cool to see their strategies are working and the term is getting picked up with other groups.