I am so tired of the whole “cool pope” thing with Francis. It’s 100% PR.

• MudMan@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Look, if I wanted to say that I’d have just come out and said it. You could probably figure it out by digging through my replies and mentions, but… that’d be kinda rude?

We can leave it at “not in the US”, maybe?

In any case, it is interesting how that divide has not made it over. Along with the different positions on sex work it seems like one of the most notorious differences in position within feminism (TERFs exempted because I don’t think they count at all in the first place).

I think we all have a tendency to try to paper over these regional differences to present a unified front, but these are significant differences in perspective.

And for the record, I know plenty of same sex couples here that will tell you outright that having babies is not a right and you don’t get to pay for a woman’s body under any circumstances. Like you, I feel like I don’t have a horse in the race, so I abstain from opining in any direction on this one. You need at least one more uterus than I’m rocking to get a vote on this one.

But I can still notice the difference of opinion and how little it’s mentioned.