Hi! For the ones of you that use Trello, I made a simple to use and host alternative in PHP. It’s not a complete alternative like other projects, and I mainly made it to be able to host it on free PHP web servers while having control over data/attachments. It also support a basic importer for Trello JSON exports.

I’m hosting a test instance here, you can make an account to try it out (no email required):

https://trytarallo.altervista.org/

And the repository with other instructions is here:

https://github.com/michelematteini/tarallo

• matteinim@feddit.itOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

…and I didn’t even minimize them on the test instance, so that people will feel their weight while the page load :D

• matteinim@feddit.itOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I know it’s kinda expected in these project… Let’s say that if no one contributes it, I’ll have to look up how to set it up, since I’m not really a web dev. But yeah it’s gonna be there.

• Turun@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          3 months ago

A basic image is really easy. It’s basically just

Dockerfile

FROM debian  # start with a minimal Linux system. There are probably better options than debian. Some images are made especially for docker (i.e. very minimal and light weight). 
          RUN apt install dependencies  # do what ever you need to get your app running. 
          RUN echo "options and stuff" >> /etc/a/config/file  # you can also edit system files
          COPY . /app  # copy your project into the docker container.
          EXPOSE 8080  # doesn't actually do anything, but documents where the app will be listening
          CMD server-binary run /app/main.php  # I have actually no idea how php server stuff works

(Docs https://docs.docker.com/reference/dockerfile/)

Then people can run your project with docker.

Edit: checking the readme some small changes would be required. Config.php should read in environment variables and the DB init SQL should be run automatically somehow.

• matteinim@feddit.itOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            3 months ago

Edit: checking the readme some small changes would be required. Config.php should read in environment variables and the DB init SQL should be run automatically somehow.

I’ll probably start with making these changes to make it compatible, thanks!

• HumanPerson@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

I was looking for something like this a little while ago but couldn’t find anything and this looks perfect. My server is mostly docker only so I might try to figure it out.