I was thinking about buying a wurkkos fc11 as my first flashlight but it said they recommend untwisting it in a review to avoid making a connection so it doesn’t discharge while not in use. Do I need to worry about that with all flashlights? I was planning on keeping it in my backpack so I have it whenever.

• Adair21@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

To add to this, if you are going to store your Li-ion batteries for any period of time then you should charge them to 3.7v instead of a full charge. This will extend the life of the battery

• friftar@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Worth mentioning that some chargers offer a storage option, charging to exactly 3.7V.

On a charger that doesnt have this, it can be difficult to monitor it closely enough to get that exact voltage.

• dmenezes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Good tip, but the OP should be aware that when at 3.7V they have only ~50% charge in them, so remember to also pack a spare or two (at the same voltage) to have the same total runtime.

• parrot-party@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Should be closer to 60% but still, it’s not in a long term ready state. Long stored batteries should be recharged before use.