Former Obama deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner engaged in a “level of corruption that we’ve just never seen” when talking about his firm’s recent investments overseas.

Rhodes said that Kushner engaged in corruption when asked about The New York Times’s recent reporting that detailed that 99 percent of his investment fund’s money came from foreign sources. The outlet also reported Kushner is working on developing hotels in the Balkans, specifically in Serbia and Albania, and noted that the firm has taken money from Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

“I mean, look, this is not subtle corruption that we’re looking at,” Rhodes told MSNBC’s Alex Wagner during his Wednesday appearance on “Alex Wagner Tonight.”

“This is a guy, Jared Kushner, who had no expertise, no qualification whatsoever to be in the White House while he was there. He made it his account to work in the Gulf Arab states. He basically helped lead the cover-up for [Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud]. Get him in from the cold after the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.”

• 1800doctorb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

The guys at Pod Save America/The World seem to each have their own individual that gets under their skin more than most. Pieffer has/had Paul Ryan, Lovett has Rubio, and Rhodes has Kushner.

Whenever his name is brought up on those pods, it’s a 50/50 shot whether Rhodes or Vietor go on a 5 minute rant roasting Kushner and just how slimy he’s been.

• disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

You don’t need 5 minutes. “Former president’s unqualified family member appointed to oversee Middle East relations given $2B by Saudis just months after leaving appointment.” That sentence should be enough for an investigation.

• 1800doctorb@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Sure you don’t need 5 min, but you could use 5 to talk about all the shadiness and still not cover it all.

• swallowyourmind@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Hey, @disguy_ovahea

Noticed your very active account is only 5 days old, and wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you to Lemmy!

Thanks for joining!

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Thanks! I’m currently disabled, so I’ve been online a lot. Reddit isn’t what it used to be, (lots more polarizing toxicity) so I figured I’d finally take the leap to the fediverse.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

Very much understand. And there are so many interesting folks and things to talk about here! Glad you’re getting involved.

And very much agree on Reddit toxicity. Terrible. Though in time Lemmy may become the same.

You mention that you are currently disabled?

I find that a fascinating way to describe it, because I’ve only known ever known of non-disabled and disabled individuals (my apologies if there are more correct terms).

My understanding has always been disabilities are permanent, but always love learning how I have been wrong, so please share if you are comfortable.

Since you are “currently” so, I must assume it is temporary. If you don’t mind me asking, what is your recovery time till no longer being that way?

Also, hope you have a positive support structure to help with any needs your disability may make more difficult.

Looking forward to your future contributions.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 months ago

Aren’t you sweet. I don’t mind. I sustained a traumatic injury, right before the pandemic, that resulted in neuropathy. It was a slow start to recovery due to the lack of available doctors and treatment, but I think I’m on track now.

I’m way too dependent on getting out and meeting people every day to lie down and accept disability, so I’ve been working on balanced exercise, stretches, and some light yoga to get me in acceptable shape. Luckily, I was relatively fit prior to my injury, so I’m just focusing on getting the muscles to stabilize the nerve to minimize pain. Nerves may heal over time, so I can be optimistic about that as well.

Thanks for being so friendly and supportive.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 months ago

Well, I appreciate you being willing to share.

And thank you for helping me to understand that not all disabilities are permanent.

It helps to hear about others troubles; we all get so wrapped up in our own we at times forget everyone else is dealing with their own.

COVID did such a number on needed non-COVID care. My own neighbor was forced to wait over two years for hip surgery to walk again, which they considered elective, which is absurd. I’m sorry that you, like all too many others, had to wait so long, and that the wait extended your recovery window.

I’m rooting for you to stick with your balancing, stretching, and yoga!

It is amazing how much can be regained through constant efforts. Physical therapy on my opinion is too often ignored by patients in their recovery, especially in less serious injuries than your own. Just keep at it! It gets better!

Thanks again for joining and contributing.

Hope your recovery is as full and as short as can be.

• Daft_ish@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

No wonder thr GOP is literally riding Hunters dick.

Edit:

I’ll do if for you

Gaslight, Obstruct, Project

• nieceandtows@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

At this point I don’t care for opinion sound bites from either side. These would be only relevant if they’re part of a judgement transcript.

• gibmiser@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Well he’s just a good businessman and hunter biden did the exact same thing literally kinda except worse literally we just don’t know about it because the mainstream media herp derp derppp and DEI is ruining American bridges with illegal immigrants driving foreign boats or something whatever brown people scary

• gibmiser@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

Yeah, was on the fence about needing the /s or not. Would have thought herp derp was enough

• cmbabul@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

That’s what gave it away to me but given the state of consensus reality these days sarcasm and irony have taken really big hits

• Decoy321@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            3 months ago

I’m guessing you got all those downvotes because people noped out and made assumptions before finishing the wall of text. It never hurts to have the /s these days.

• gibmiser@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

What, the herp derp wasn’t enough? I was mocking the brain dead thought process that will be used to dismiss this story