Whe using my discuss.tchncs.de account with the app Jerboa on my Android phone, I get a message

This account (silmaril) is being verified

and things don’t work, whenever I try to use certain functions, eg. listing my saved postings.

If I continue trying, the message changes to

Failed to connect to instance (https://discuss.tchncs.de/)

General reading of posts still works.

So I am wondering if there is something I still have to do in the verification process of my account?

This might just be some bug in the app or incompatibility between app and server - but before digging deeper into this I wanted to check if there is a known solution.

• neidu2@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I’ve used the Jerboa in the past, and I noticed that the verification error appeared sometimes if the instance was having issues.

Beyond that, many instances use manual verification, and they haven’t gotten around to verifying yours yet.

Either way, the only thing you can do for now is to wait and see if the issue resolves itself.

• silmarilOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

That’s a good opportunity to look what other Lemmy apps there are in the F-Droid store.

The list is impressingly long now :-)

I tried Voyager and it doesn’t show any of the problems I have in Jerboa while offering everything I need - that solves it very well for me.