Why are there so many programming languages? And why are there still being so many made? I would think you would try to perfect what you have instead of making new ones all the time. I understand you need new languages sometimes like quantumcomputing or some newer tech like that. But for pc you would think there would be some kind of universal language. I’m learning java btw. I like programming languages. But was just wondering.

• TCB13@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Who said you need to use a framework? vanilla-js.com Yes, debugging is a pain and the language fails in many aspects and I also hate it but I also realized it is the future and everything else will fade away.

• ViperB5@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but if JavaScript is the future, then I’m going to stick to my old fashioned COBOL.

• Mifuyne@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Gotta admit, I love how cheeky that is.

I’m somewhat on the fence about this. Having the frameworks provide some of the functionalities built-in was pretty nice. Having some of that structural opinion to work off of meant I’m not wasting time just figuring out how to architect the whole thing from scratch. At the same time, I would prefer to stick with vanilla, so it’s less overhead and perhaps, the debugging would be more straight-forward. Trying to decipher React’s large error messages was irritating at best.