• @breadsmasher@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 month ago

Trump can’t sell for six months. So all these donations are going to be worth so much less when he can cash out

• @OpticalMooseOP
        link
        English
        21 month ago

True, but he doesn’t care. For something he invested basically $0 in, he doesn’t care if his cut is %40 or %4.

• @ChicoSuave@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 month ago

He cares when it stops being valuable enough that he is a billionaire. Trump only ever cares about how he looks to others and doesn’t care if those others are bankrupted by a corporate entity. He got paid.

• @OpticalMooseOP
      link
      English
      21 month ago

I think donations have to be tracked and are only allowed for certain purposes. Like RNC donations and campaign donations can possibly pay his legal fees, but can’t pay his fines. PAC donations, I’m not sure about. Some asshole set up a GoFundMe that can pay his fines.

But since the board of this company is stacked with his flunkies, money funneled into it can go straight to his pocket, to do whatever he wants with. Russia or Saudi Arabia buys a billion dollars worth of stock, pushing the price up, then the company issues a ton of shares to raise money. Then they issue a special dividend to certain shareholders, or one in particular. I’m guessing they have plenty of lawyers to keep everything inside the law.