It’s one of the best RPGs there are. The choices actually matter a lot. I’m really sad there’s no part two and now online algorithms are reminding me of it so I want you to know of it too!

• JakeBacon@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I really need to go back and play it. I played it briefly a few years ago but didn’t get much past the first act.

• MochiGamer@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Can testify to just how good the story is. I’ve only completed a single store line but the game is rather short (about 30-40 hours for a slow first play through I think?) encouraging you to go through repeatedly to find all the different story progression possibilities. Like OP said choice REALLY matters in this game and can have consequences sometimes altering the entire path of the story unlike most games where the storylines usually “converge” back to a singular plotline.

The combat is comparable to Pillars of Eternity and there is an interesting magic rune system, but it’s story is where it shines, each faction and storyline is fully fleshed out with interesting conversations, companions, and lore. Additionally unique questlines, companions, locations, and more are accessible or change according on your choices. It’s worth at least 1 playthrough but there is enough for about 5 or so playthroughs through the various branches.

• SunsetFruitbat@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That game so good, I really liked the intro cinematic and then that map conquest thingy where you make those story choices at the beginning.