• LifeBandit666@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Ok so I receive a letter with a fake stamp which I did not purchase, and I’m gonna be fined for it? How the fuck does that work?

Tell you what, I’ll buy a fuck load of them for 4p each and send a bunch of mail to people I don’t like to bankrupt them with fines.

Oh and the “Buy your stamps from the Post Office and you can claim they breached contract” but means I have to keep receipts for all my stamp purchases in case someone I’ve sent mail to gets fined?

Ah, email, where none of this matters.

• Hossenfeffer@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

If you receive a letter with a fake stamp I think you can refuse the fine but don’t then get the letter. Same as if someone hasn’t put enough stamps on something.

• thehatfox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Oh and the “Buy your stamps from the Post Office and you can claim they breached contract” but means I have to keep receipts for all my stamp purchases in case someone I’ve sent mail to gets fined?

As far as I know stamps and stamps books aren’t paired to a receipt, so it wouldn’t be possible to trace which stamps related to which purchase.

• -RJ-@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Yes, next week the police reveal that they will put YOU in prison if you get robbed.