Hi all,

Apologies if this isn’t the correct place to ask, if not just point me in the right direction.

Hopefully someone can help me with this as i’ve been struggling for a while now. Previously i’ve been using the free Oracle VPS to proxy some services that are being ran from my local server to access them without tailscale but am now looking to host some stuff myself on it like FreshRSS.

I’m running Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.15.0-1037-oracle aarch64) on the VPS, Nginx Proxy Manager and using Cloudflare for domain stuff.

The issue is, whenever i try to access the URL of something set up on the VPS with the IP on NPM set to either the private IP, localhost, VPS tailscale IP or 127.0.0.1, i get a 502 error from cloudflare, however, if i set that same proxy host to the tailscale IP and port of something on my local server, it works fine, which suggests to me it’s something LAN related on the VPS i need to sort but i just can’t figure out what.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Turns out it was due to iptables on the VM. https://lemmy.world/comment/325214