• VoxAdActa@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve tried New Vegas three or four times. By the time I actually get to New Vegas and meet Mr. House, I’m overwhelmed by the number of things I’m supposed to be doing and dead dog tired of those fucking OP Legion assassins that show up to ruin my day every fifteen minutes.

Part of that is probably on me, because I’m the guy who wants to experience the whole game in a single play-through, and I try not to take on too many new quests until I’ve finished the ones I’ve already got. I’ve also been recently informed that if I rush to New Vegas and do Mr. House’s quest, the Legion assassins will back off for a bit, which is a big deal because my god I’m sick of them. I never would have tried that on my own, as there’s nothing in the game to give me a clue that they’re connected, but maybe I’ll give it another shot and do that.

• sanpedropeddler@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Legion assassins are after you because you have a bad reputation with the legion. Just don’t do anything they will hate you for, and you’re fine. You can also wear their armor as a disguise.

I never would have tried that on my own, as there’s nothing in the game to give me a clue that they’re connected

It has to do with a plot point that you wouldn’t know about yet, its not supposed to just be a break from the legion assassins.

• VoxAdActa@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Legion assassins are after you because you have a bad reputation with the legion.

Oh.

Well shit.

So maybe I shouldn’t go to Nipton and toss a grenade at the Legionaries as they’re walking away after their leader finished shit-talking me.

They just explode in such an easy, satisfying way! How do they even know it was me? All the witnesses are unrecognizable flesh chunks!

Ok, maybe I will load up another try.

• sanpedropeddler@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

So maybe I shouldn’t go to Nipton and toss a grenade at the Legionaries as they’re walking away after their leader finished shit-talking me.

Probably not, but you can kill the leader later once you’re better equipped to take on assassins. He’s one of my least favorite characters so I always kill him unless I’m specifically trying to help the legion.