link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

the system is stealing from you, but through monetary debasement

This is only one of the many ways in which the rich steal from us. Believe me, I fucking get that part.

• orrk@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

And why does monetary debasement happen? you use it like it’s just something some evil person did to harm you. when in reality it’s a necessity to counteract wealth hoarding.

The Libertarian fever dream of a society without inflation, or straight up wealth taxation can only lead to the creating of a new aristocratic dictatorship, because eventually a small group of people would own everything, literally recreating feudalism.

• orrk@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

they have no bargaining power with their employer.

now that is entirely your fault for not being part of a union, the magic thing that actually got the working man everything he has, literally. and no, inflation hits the wealthy the hardest because they have more actual savings, it affects you heavily because you are a good little drone and drank the liberal coolaid.

what is the alternative in a world where people can amass money without anything reducing the real value of said wealth? Entire cities owned by one person?

• orrk@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

I’m unionized, why aren’t you? it doesn’t make me privileged to not drink libertarian coolaid.

• orrk@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    2 months ago

no one’s stopping you, you think that unions just appeared out of nowhere like some natural resource?