Hello everyone,

In my endeavor for MR30 I’ve hit a bit of a snag, everything that I haven’t already wring all the affinity from is either a great pain to acquire or Prime.

I get how prime works, crack relics to have a chance of what you want and refine/don’t to bias the odds in favor of what you’re after. However the hard part for me is keeping track of what pieces I need and what relics have them…

I’ve just started what I believe is my third or fourth notecard on this subject. So, how do you track what you still need and where it’s from?

• Kaldo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I used to keep excels and lists and to be honest… Its easier to just go into the ingame codex, weapons/warframes, sort by rank and scroll to bottom. Find something that looks doable, check the wiki and then go for it.

• Camreth@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve gone through four different methods of tracking all of that. When I first started pushing mr, I used a excel spreadsheet with a ton of conditional formatting and autolookups. Eventually it started to get really laggy so I turned it into a sql database which worked fine but just like the excel sheet it was a pain to maintain as I had to go back through updates I’d skipped and add a bunch of stuff retroactively after breaks etc.

After getting tired of the database shenanigans I found this website which worked fine (still does). Now days I usually just use Alecaframe however. I don’t really like overwolf, but the benefits outweigh the downsides especially after wfinfo started acting up on relic reward screens.

The biggest advantage of alecaframe is that you can see what part you still need to farm in the app without having to dig through the foundry which I find very helpful at least since I tend to forget what parts I miss. A small tip a lot of people don’t know is also that you can just search for parts in the relic screen and you’ll see all Relics with that part so you don’t have to dig through to find out what you have.

• Dystopia@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

If you want to quickly check in game, head to the relic station and type in the blueprint i.e. “Mesa Prime Blueprint” and hover it. (only built warframe parts will show up, but I don’t think you needed to have it claimed out of the foundry). It will tell you what you currently have crafted for the frame. Primed weapons don’t require you to craft any of their components so you don’t need to worry about them when searching for their blueprint. Obviously this won’t show you that you own “Mesa Prime Neuroptics Blueprint”.

Also remember to check what is currently in rotation for Prime Resurgence and what is coming out next (I think they give you ~7 days notice). If there’s a lot of stuff you’re missing from that rotation, you know that you want to spend a little more time collecting Aya instead of just passively earning it.

• TZer0@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Focus on a couple of things at a time and figure out what stuff you can trade for.

Personally, I made a spreadsheet for tracking all of this and I used the in-game profile and foundry (once I had the BP of something) to keep track of what I was missing.

• McRibbles@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Personally? Look at what I was missing in my profile (a special fuck you to whoever decided invasion weapons should be hidden) and keep a mental note of X/Y/Z items.

If items in question are presently unvaulted -> farm relics for said items (Apollo Lua for Axis, etc) -> then burn the relic in search of said item. If item is a common, rawdog it in pubs. If item is an uncommon, rawdog it in pubs. If Lootcifer decides he hates you today or if the item is a rare, do Radshares from recruit chat.

If items in question are presently vaulted -> use the primed junk you’ve gotten from the relic runs above, because god knows you’re going to get a lot of it, and sell them for plat. Buying items piecemeal through Warframe.market is in 99% of cases cheaper than buying them as a set, as sets often charge a convenience fee on top, but it doesn’t hurt to take the 5 seconds to check just in case someone’s quickselling one.

This was back when MR 30 was, relatively speaking, much harder to obtain than it is now, as there’s a boatload of ‘excess’ MR that allows you to skip over some of the annoying farms if you happen to not be in the mood for them. I never saw the need for notepad/excel sheets or AlecaFrame (especially now with its mildly sus ban allegations. Overwolf was already a turnoff, fat chance I’m ever giving it the light of day on my system when there’s the thinnest possibility it could even get me temporarily banned) even when you have a large enough list to the point where ‘just remember them lol’ isn’t a valid strategy.

At that point, you’re likely missing large swaths of a certain category, so then you just focus on them. Missing K-Drives? Do a few K-Drive races each day, because that stuff gets mildly soul-crushing if you try to burn through 'em all at once. Missing Archwings? Grab 'em and, unironically, leech when you can off of Voidstorm pubs in Nu-Gua Mines in Neptune Proxima (the crewships give lots of juicy affinity), the current best RJ node for fissures. Grineer Veil’s faster, but it needs a squad with at least 4 braincells so no one has to share one. Salacia Neptune, otherwise. Need RJ Intrinsics? Get 'em done alongside your prime part farming, Necramech grind, Archwing Grind, etc while you -also- crack relics. Easy as.