• paddirn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Does Trump really need a ground game though? Republicans have national propaganda outlets to get their people out to vote and he’s got plenty of name recognition anyways. I feel like “ground game” is really more useful for local candidates or for Democrats, who have a harder time mobilizing their blocs of voters to actually go out and vote. Otherwise, how useful are these satellite campaign offices in this day and age for a presidential candidate? Hopefully we’ll see it hurt local races more than anything and some sort of “blue wave”, but somehow I doubt it. Trump voters will still come out to vote for Trump and anyone with an R next to their name.

• bradorsomething@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I agree with you, the strategy here seems to be to pick at biden… any idiot that would vote for trump today won’t gain moral competency by the election. They need to wear away reasonable voters, and assume the flag t-shirts show up to vote when they announce some new moral crisis in October.

• gregorum@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

when they announce some new moral crisis in October.

Trans Illegal Alien Muslim Immigrant Children From Space!

• gregorum@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

Jewish Space Laser Caravan!

Or maybe they’re refugees from Space Gaza! Whichever is scarier to the MAGAts!

• NeptuneOrbit@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

The House and Senate really need the effort. Not every Bozo in… Pick a red or blue state realizes that a seat is up for grabs.