I hope it’s okay to ask for support here. I have a 2022 Motorola 5G phone, and it keeps turning down the volume on its own by exactly four notches. Is it possible this is some kind of setting somewhere? Maybe I have accidentally turned this on, and it’s trying to protect my hearing or something?

• thantik@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m pretty sure you’ve assumed right. A lot of builds of Android 12 will warn you if you’re over a safe limit, but it’s very possible that Motorola (who keep things pretty close to stock Android) probably have something that’s knocking it down back to a ‘safe’ level after some bit of inactivity.

You may have a setting to disable it in the developer menu, usually accessed by tapping the build number in the “About” section of the settings menu a couple dozen times until it says “you are now a developer!” - and then checking there. Anything beyond that is gonna require root/rom or other trickery.

• phx@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Do you have Dolby Atmos enabled? Apparently that can mess with the volume on Moto phones.

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Fairly sure I had this issue as well (same model) but sad to say I couldn’t find a fix for it. I think it’s a built-in safety feature so the volume isn’t maxed out when you have earbuds in. Best I could do is setup Tasker to max out the volume when connecting to certain devices (just for my car).