link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Ok? The extremists are still getting help from the US in this situation

Also that is not why they lost. Newsflash, war is unpopular, and having convoy after convoy of caskets return home is very bad for morale. Soviet production was not up to the task. The war was unpopular to begin with and the population could care less about Afghanistan. The military was unprepared for a COIN conflict in the Middle East, and etc.

• comvedml@lemmygrad.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

my friend even you are an armchair general , in which war did you partake recently . lol Historians and people try to understand the past events by facts and ripples in the present that doesn’t mean you have to participate in Mongol Invasion or in Great Patriotic war. I will suggest you something instead of accusing everyone here as an “armchair general” have a field day with Azov/UAF or Donetsk militia , either way you can write a great blog here.

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Where did I say that you have to participate in the conflict to discuss it?

I said that you should have good knowledge on a subject before you make claims about it. Something that you have not done, so I doubt you’re a “historian”. I am also not accusing everyone here of being an armchair general. I’m accusing you of being one because of your poor take on the conflict.

What connection do you have to the Afghan conflict other then 2 YouTube videos and reading the Wikipedia article?

Also I don’t really understand what you’re saying in your last point. I apologize if English isn’t your first language, but the last sentence makes little sense and I don’t get what you’re saying I should do. Are you saying I should write a blog about Azov or the Donetsk militias? Why would I want to do that?

• comvedml@lemmygrad.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

My sources are studies of Comrade Vijay Prashad and daughter of Najibullah , They explicitly blamed US, Pakistan for funding of terrorists and extremist forces , Soviets were invited by PDPA government to intervene in the countryside . First learn the basic facts and then accuse others of ignorance . Also many comrades do not China backed the Mujhadeens by radicalizing the Uyghurs and by sending them to Afghanistan.

2nd , if you want to accuse me of being an “armchair”…i think it’s better for you to pick a gun and go to fight and then talk here about how right you are.