• ferengigrindset@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This alternate Kirk was born in space and had never been to Earth, so “he was like a kid in a candy shop, and he got to really just sort of explore it and experience it and bask in it. And I loved that they wrote it that way.”

So is this a different alternate Kirk than the alternate Kirk who was in S1?

• KBSez ✅@postchat.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

@ferengigrindset

In the end of Quality Of Mercy when he comes to Pike’s cabin that Jim Kirk mentioned Iowa but the question is: was that still the alternate fated timeline or the ‘real’ SNW timeline. I think the former since Pike says something along the lines of “it should have been you…”

I’ve always taken this to mean that Pike and Jim Kirk have never actually met yet—

Unfortunately I think your initial comment is a spoiler for me.

• StillPaisleyCat@startrek.websiteOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Canadians are used to seeing major cities and smaller communities disguised as American and European locations in American entertainment.

It’s rare for Canadian cities just get to play themselves.

There’s a fair amount of excitement that Toronto gets to play itself in Star Trek for the first time, even though some notable and recognizable landmarks like city hall and the Ontario Science Centre, have been identifiable in episodes going back to TNG.

So, a thank you to Goldsman and Myers from pulling back on their initial plan to have Toronto disguised as New York for this episode (as they’ve said in other interviews) and let Toronto play itself.