For right there we see him stating he can not read clues from women or he’s not signaled enough to notice it.

Does it mean he’s more accustomed to signals from men or he’s just completely senseless?

I don’t really question my gay sadistic Odo headcannon, but I find that quote to be a welcome guest in many redpill threads,

• Transporter Room 3@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

The real answer is always in the comments.

Just the first one stubborn and bull-headed enough for him to get the hint.

Me, as a flesh and blood human with all the expected life experiences by age 15, could not figure out that when a girl wanted to play “the awkward game” (try to make your “opponent” feel awkward and bail on whatever is going on, you win) and she took off her bra, pulled it out her t-shirt, threw it at me, then straddled my lap, that she was trying to up her flirt game (which she had been steadily increasing for awhile apparently) .

Instead of picking up on the hint, I bailed because that was way too much in front of other people. Didn’t find out she was literally throwing herself at me until a few years later when a mutual friend told me she broke down in tears after that because she thought I hated her or thought she was ugly (super pretty but middle-eastern in post-2001 USA, so a lot of issues stemming from looks)

I figure if that’s something I could miss, what chance does odo have, given the circumstances of his discovery/raising?