Can anyone explain this to me? There were several issues with Reddit discussed widely in the community, i.e. the brigading rules. Yet, now that Reddit screws over the customer even more with their API stunt, no one cared and the GME subs did not even participate in the Blackout. It would have been the perfect opportunity to migrate here or to other alternatives.

• Arghblarg@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

What? I just logged out of my lemmy account (and cleared all cookies to do with lemmy domains to ensure no cached password data in my browser). My password is > 11 characters. I tried logging in with the first 10, 11, 12, … chars of my password. It only succeeds if I enter my entire password.

Please expand on your assertion and give references, from the online lemmy github issues, or lemmy documentation. Otherwise I must refute your claim.

The only reference possibly relating to this is a github issue about enforcing a MIN (not MAX) instance admin password of 10 or more characters. https://github.com/LemmyNet/lemmy/issues/1711