Can anyone explain this to me? There were several issues with Reddit discussed widely in the community, i.e. the brigading rules. Yet, now that Reddit screws over the customer even more with their API stunt, no one cared and the GME subs did not even participate in the Blackout. It would have been the perfect opportunity to migrate here or to other alternatives.

• Whitt@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The are so many bad actors in superstonk and other gme subs they do not want anyone to move or splinter off.

Keep making noise in there and people will start moving over.

• Comrat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As much as I understand r/superstonk’s intent to stay loud, I agree it would have been perfect. After seeing the fediverse really blow up in a few days, I think the average ape would be stoked on the sense of community. And as far as values, I think it’s pretty perfectly aligned over here.

I’ve been in for 84 years and I’m here to stay on Lemmy, too. Here’s hoping more will transition.

• AfricanExpansionist@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Because Superstonk mod team is partly compromised. Never forget: we were herded to Superstonk during some overblown mod drama

• Zuberi@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Fidelity has a massive stake in Reddit. You think them pushing us from Robinhood to Fidelity (instead of DRS) was a misatke? Nah these motherfuckers are smart. Too bad for them they lose in the end.

• Arghblarg@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Well, for what it’s worth I’d say GMECanada is officially moving… I’m the mod of both the reddit and lemmy versions :). It’s more of a ‘soft move’ – a slow migration but there’s no need to hurry, yet at least. I’m encouraging users to try out the lemmy community. Give it time, it’ll happen I think.

There are already lemmy versions of superstonk and DRSYourGME, …

• Zuberi@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Why would people move to a platform w/ a MAX 11-character password.
      That site is literally asking to be a massive password dump.

If you have any connections to Lemmy Admins or w/e, please let them know this concern.

• Arghblarg@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

What? I just logged out of my lemmy account (and cleared all cookies to do with lemmy domains to ensure no cached password data in my browser). My password is > 11 characters. I tried logging in with the first 10, 11, 12, … chars of my password. It only succeeds if I enter my entire password.

Please expand on your assertion and give references, from the online lemmy github issues, or lemmy documentation. Otherwise I must refute your claim.

The only reference possibly relating to this is a github issue about enforcing a MIN (not MAX) instance admin password of 10 or more characters. https://github.com/LemmyNet/lemmy/issues/1711

• Zuberi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

We don’t really need a “space” anymore. We’re all individual investors that are going to be stupidly rich independently ;). If everything goes radio silent, plan is still the same

• winsomecowboy@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was solo mod on a small provincial gme sub.

I shut it down 2 days after giving notice that that was happening and might be extended then after the spez lizard made the ‘this will pass’ statement I opened it to state I was out, that I was experimenting with Lemmy, that the sub would remain on restricted and that because it contained valuable useful info I’d leave it up as is and further if anyone wanted to take my role to DM me. I’ll check back in a week.

• tiggity@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Its really hard to get a migration going from superstonk when meta-discussions are banned… I just had a post suggesting migrating deleted nu a mod with the reason

No content allowed negatively discussing or calling out Reddit users, moderators/admins, or other subreddits.

Content dedicated to discussing Superstonk should be directed to the monthly Open Forum, or in any post with the flair "Community Post".

• HerrBeter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I think they argue that if they move away they become a niche forum where no one hears them