• stoly@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s unclear why you felt the need to act needlessly cruel. It’s even less clear what you get out of it.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Almost certainly someone who chose not to go to college or didn’t get in and see people who spend the money and fail as vindication for themselves.

Same reason people are against loan forgiveness.

• stoly@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

The thought of that had occurred to me but I tend not to say that directly to people just to avoid drama.

• comador @lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

University Professor with now “prior” students affected by today’s raid. The University is neither partisan to foreign events nor a place to take a building hostage for such. It just boggles my mind how anyone, including my prior students could both assume nothing would happen to them and to fall victim to feed such hatred. Hatred is not the answer, it’s a proven fact.

• dependencyinjection
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Hatred? You think it’s hatred to request that a nation stops killing Palestinian children?

Taking a building hostage, did you think the same when they protested Vietnam?

• JohnSwanFromTheLough@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Seems like your students will be in a better place now considering they won’t have to hear more of this drivel.

Funny as a professor that your mind is boggled that a university could be a place for protest.