• AnalogyAddict@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s perfectly logical to be more afraid of the thing you’ve actually been hurt by. That’s how fear works.

It’s highly emotional, however, to be butthurt that someone else has a reaction that ultimately doesn’t affect you in any material way.

If a man was that afraid of me, I’d feel bad for them, but I’d not throw an online temper tantrum about it.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s perfectly logical to be more afraid of the thing you’ve actually been hurt by.

No, it’s not. That’s ridiculous. It’s completely illogical.

It’s highly emotional, however, to be butthurt that someone else has a reaction that ultimately doesn’t affect you in any material way.

So Black people aren’t allowed to get mad about racism? Or they are only allowed to be mad when it personally affects them?

• AnalogyAddict@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

You don’t have any new arguments, do you. I’ve already addressed that.

Ultimately, I don’t care if you are mad about it. Women are still going to give you a wide berth when they feel like it, and apparently with reason. The men who react the way you do are part of the reason men are perceived as a threat. I’m done trying to invite you to have a bit of basic comprehension.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Any woman who gives me a wide berth because I think misandry is unacceptable, is doing both of us a favor. I don’t want to associate with people like that.