• Clent@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Order for pick up. They give those workers a handset that optimizing their walk through store.

The fact that they have this and don’t make it part of the customer experience is another reason these companies are fucks.

They want you to wander and spend more. Physical dark patterns. Grocery stores are full of them.

• Neato@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I started using Aldi pickup during lockdown and never stopped. Saves so much time.

• senkora@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

The Target app is the best that I’ve seen for customers. It won’t plan your route, but you can search for items and it will tell you the aisle, location within the aisle, and stock level for any item at your local store.

• leapsy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Kroger app does all that, plus sorta plans your route. You make your list head of time and then you can sort the list by aisles ascending or descending; or store layout or store layout reversed; or by departments; depending on which side of the store you go in or if you want to save cold items for last. Its not completely without fault but overall works great once you get the hang of some of the apps complications.

• Swedneck
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

yeah let me spend 5 bucks extra for groceries, sounds great