link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Account creation fatigue. I’m personally not fond of creating a one-off account for every fucking game I play on steam. It’s enough already. EA account, ubisoft account, rockstar account, PSN account, xyz account, ugh. Every new account I create is just an additional attack vector for when all of these companies eventually get hacked. I get occasional emails about security breaches or unauthorized attempts for random ass accounts I created years ago, and it’s so frustrating. I don’t even have a playstation. It’s just so annoying. I’m sick of it. I don’t believe for a fucking second that Sony is requiring this for “security and safety.” Those fucks just want to inflate their user numbers for the shareholders and collect our data to sell to 3rd parties. I am so fucking sick of this shit already. I bought the game on steam. Just let me use my steam account only god dammit.

• n3m37h@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Wwwwwaaaaaaaa

I don’t have Xbox or PlayStation and I still signed up. Just use a stupid throw away password. Ya know how many times people have tried to log into my twitch account and I ignored it because even if they did get the password it means absolute jack shit. If ya do use the acct to buy stuff, use a virtual credit card to make payments so its as easy as shutting down that CCD and opening a new one.

Be more pissed about the rootkit of a anti cheat that they use

• ferret@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

They are removing the “Skip” button from the linking page on game launch and forcing anyone who used it to link a PSN account now

• n3m37h@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

There was a skip button?

I mean its not like EA games where ya need to install a 3rd party launcher

Still anyone review bombing over such a stupid thing needs a slap upside the head. Took me all of 2 min to sign up and now I have 90 house played

No one complains about having to sign up for Xbox shit.

• redcalcium@lemmy.institute
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Steam is available in 237 countries, while PSN is only available in 69 countries. Some people are going to be locked out from the game they bought. E.g African players are going to be fucked.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Because Xbox and Windows are fully integrated. Most people gaming don’t have to have a separate account, just an Xbox username that you create once and it is attached to your Microsoft account. You’re right about EA making you download the worst launcher in existence, but this statement about security is bs. Its more about them controlling the psn accounts and not the steam ones.

• SmoochyPit@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Same— my understanding is that there’s now no option to play without making one, which for some countries and territories is not even an option, making the game unplayable for them.

• Kedly@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

It was so skippable I never even knew there was an option to link to a PS Account, which I dont have because my last PlayStation was the PS2

• Saik0@lemmy.saik0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Yeah… I have someone in another lemmy thread telling me that it was on the steam page, it was in the EULA/TOS, and it told you in the game.

Meanwhile, I checked the EULA/TOS today and it says nothing… And for the in game banner I saw “Sony Account” and closed the popup. It did nothing and didn’t say anything about that being a temporary choice to skip a login. So that leaves JUST the banner… On steam’s page. So no agreement with Sony at all to participate. Nor evidence of Sony themselves notifying anyone of this being a requirement.

• Kedly@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Its in the side panel tucked away, you know, the area usually delegated to unimportant credits level info, and not in the sales pitch area. I had a younger friend respond to this news “Shows how many people cant read” Like what? You’re gonna defend a corporation being scummy because TECHNICALLY if you hyper scan the info you got a HINT that something might be required?