• Dark Arc@social.packetloss.gg
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Fanatical and all of the discount sites are basically “you bought it, you own it, no refunds.” That’s part of why they offer discounts, it’s kind of a risk you take.

https://support.fanatical.com/hc/en-us/articles/201027572-Can-I-get-a-refund-cancel-my-order

Issuing a chargeback for a product that was delivered could land you in court even if it works. More realistically will result in Fanatical permanently banning your account.

Never buy a game on these sites if you are at all uncertain about it. There is no refund and the key has been exposed.

• krnl386@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

From that article they say they will issue refunds if there is a technical issue with the game. Thus, if you live in a country where PSN is not available, you could go that route. “I’m trying to sign up for multiplayer but I can’t because my country is not listed. Therefore multiplayer is broken and I want a refund, because this is a technical issue; a part of the game isn’t working.”

May be worth a shot…

• Tier 1 Build-A-Bear 🧸@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Yup totally fair, and yeah I’ve been blacklisted from a couple other stores by opening chargebacks in cases where it was necessary (not receiving the product, receiving a different product, the company refuses to refund or expects me to pay return shipping when they send me the wrong product), and in those cases I was totally ok never buying from them again anyway lol. I’ve been completely honest with my bank and provided all the documentation, eulas, and communications, and I seriously doubt anyone will spend the court fees over $40-60 to take me to court. All the same, I completely agree about not buying from these sites if you’re uncertain about things like this

• Dark Arc@social.packetloss.gg
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah, the court thing was more a general thing… I doubt they’d actually do it.

All the same, I completely agree about not buying from these sites if you’re uncertain about things like this

💯 I look at them as a gamble/only buy things I’m SURE I want.