• meseek #2982@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

New iPad Pro only works with the new Apple Pencil Pro. Which is the same price as the 2nd Gen.

So anyone with a current Pro and a 2nd gen pencil needs to upgrade both. That’s insane.

Now if that isn’t the shadiest Cook move I don’t know what is. What’s next? Do I need a special Remote Pro with the new Apple TV? Are we really doing “Pro only” accessories?? Is that where we are these days???

All 4 Apple pencils still being sold as of writing this. Yes even the first gen that’s nearly 10 years old. And despite 3 others available.

So much for tight Apple product lines.

• riodoro1@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I think the pencil is their biggest freaking joke and they are calling a phone “pro max” so it’s kinda saying a lot.

• DJDarren@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

And, I think, the keyboard. So if you have a current iPad Pro and want the better quality keyboard and trackpad, you have to upgrade your otherwise still more than capable iPad.

It’s fucking diabolical.

• wagnerst@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Yes, if you want to use a trackpad designed for specific tablets, you must buy one of these tablets. That’s outrageous!

• meseek #2982@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Back when the premise was to make the pencil a standalone product. Now Cook wants to have 4 iPad lines and 4 pencils that only work with basically a single model. Just. How are people okay with this!

• Fishytricks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I won’t be purchasing this new iPad Pro (even though I really love my oled screens). It’s too stunned by its ipadOS.

“Pro” has always been a marketing strategy for them and I feel that Apple products haven’t been tight for a long time.