• Tar_Alcaran@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I dunno, I’ve seen a few bears in forests, and mostly they wandered off annoyed that they couldn’t reach the food, or just sat around minding their own business.

I’ve had zero issues with every bear I’ve ever seen.

Obviously, I’ve seen more humans than bears, but the score is wildly in the bears favour.

• bhmnscmm@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

People are taking this way too literally. It’s just a goofy meme that’s expressing a general sentiment.

• ThrowawayOnLemmy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Memes are propaganda in the modern age. For women, this question is essentially “man bad, amirite?” And for men, it’s essentially “woman dumb, amirite?”

There is no right side of this hypothetical argument. It’s designed to stir shit and nothing else.

• Zorque@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

It’s not the women who are spreading the “man bad, amirite?” part. It was originally just meant to provoke thought, and the person who wrote the article wasn’t actually intending on spending time in the woods with a bear any time soon.

It’s always interesting how people take trying to provoke thought as “stir shit” thought. Really shows how desperate people are to get any kind of intelligent thought from people on the internet.