fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

https://petakillsanimals.com/

TL;DR: Domesticated animals deserve death. More specifically, because they letting them live is “inhumane” because they won’t thrive without human influence—which they’re strictly against.

IMO: These people are fucking psychopaths.

Edit: Yes, that specific site is sponsored by the meat industry. I didn’t think it needed to be said, but don’t take sensational topics at face value and read any receipts provided (which they did). Or, use Google and find other sources (that are also probably backed by corporate or political interests). In either case, PETA has made it pretty clear that they’re hypocrites who are euthanizing healthy animals.

• WamGams@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Have you stopped eating cows, chickens and pigs? If not, you, like PETA, believes they deserve death.

But do you have a non biased source not funded by the meat industry?

• WamGams@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

So… No, you don’t.

And like PETA, you also believe certain animals are deserving of death.

I don’t know, man, I think you might be a future member.

• pivot_root@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

If you had not plugged your metaphorical ears and doubled down on an ad hominem, you would have seen that some of those receipts are self-reported filings from PETA themselves to the government.

I would link the definition of “ad hominem” for you, but let’s be real: you’re not going to read that either.

• WamGams@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

It is an ad hominem to point out that like PETA, you are responsible for the death of animals?

• pivot_root@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

It’s an ad hominem to assert that I hold an unethical belief and then use said assertion to bolster your point.

I said PETA are psychopaths for needlessly killing animals, yet you assume that I’m not equally against killing animals for personal pleasure and consumerism.

• WamGams@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  2 months ago

Do you eat animals?

If so, that means you give money to animal murderers and that animals die for your benefit.

I apologize if you are vegetarian or vegan, but if so, when did you begin defending animal AG propaganda websites from being questioned?

• pivot_root@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    2 months ago

No offense intended to vegetarians, but it’s a half measure if they’re doing it for ethical or climate reasons.

I genuinely do not care about that website; all that matters is their receipts. I care that PETA are hypocrites who needlessly kill living creatures while preaching about the ethics or lack thereof of needlessly killing living creatures.