I am looking for new rear rack. I currently have old rack that I got with my first bike (about 20 years ago) so it shows its age.

I considered 2 options:

• aluminum rack
  • cheaper option, they are everywhere
  • CrMo steel rack
  • durability, weight, less probability of corrosion of my CrMo frame.

So if you have some specific suggestions I would like to read them. I was looking at Tubus racks (grand tour and Logo) and some Decathlon options.

• plactagonic@sopuli.xyzOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Yeah it is now my issue, I now have old or borrowed gear and trying to figure out how to upgrade.

• NotSpez@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I think relatively low mounting option for panniers could be important, lower centre of gravity is important for ride quality/comfort. Also, important for you to be able to get the panniers sufficiently to the back so your heel doesn’t clip the bag. Stuff like a good light fixing spot is a nice-to-have - at least I always turn the lights on when it rains, for safety.

If my bike had the mounting points I would have gone for something nice from tubus or a similar manufactorer, but since it doesnt I had to pay 300 euros more for a tailfin (which, as a product, is really great by the way. But prohibitively expensive)

• plactagonic@sopuli.xyzOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

And I thought that 120€ for Tubus racks was a lot. I never considered the tailfin because I have lot of mount points.

I had borrowed bags that clipped my heels so in this case I know what to look for. I was just interested in some more options/ products that are good and i should consider.