For my next few posts, I will now start showing the really juicy records I was able to get. Over the weekend, I went to a record show in Philadelphia, and I was able to pull some absolute heaters from the sellers there. The biggest of these finds for me would definitely have to be the Mort Garson records I found, in particular an original 1976 copy of Mother Earth’s Plantasia (with the Simmons mattress sticker on the front).

Ever since I started collecting, on my Discogs I have my wantlist of items that I am looking for, and its up into the thousands now. Plantasia was one of the first 5 records in that list. I love this record to death and it has been an everlasting quest to find this record for the collection. Now the quest is complete. I was also happy that it included the extra booklet that comes with the album, so I have a complete package.

The Wozard of Iz was also a very good find from this show, as that is one of the weirder records in the Mort Garson canon, but Plantasia is what takes the spotlight from these finds today.