• Grayox@lemmygrad.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Got perma banned from reddit for reporting r/truerateme to admins. I’ll try not to lib the place up like other reddit refugees and keep my memes here to raising Class Conciousness and spreading leftist theory. Feel free to share my memes to reddit!

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

An ultra-based proletariat working man who rose from poverty to become one of the greatest racers the world has ever seen. Even as he made tens of millions, he lived an extremely simple life with little luxury, and never forgot where he came from or what his class was.

If you would like an extremely well done documentary on Earnhart’s life and NASCAR as a whole, I would recommend this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTAJNifDAI

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

No, that’s how Earnhardt was. He was very down to Earth, honest, and very class conscious. He also was very open minded and admitted his faults, for example his son told a story where Earnhardt used to have a confederate flag sticker on his truck because he viewed it as part of his culture and no one had ever challenged it, as he had grown up in the deep deep poverty stricken part of the South. He had a black housekeeper ask him why he had it, and talked with him for roughly 10 minutes as to what that symbol represents for the black community.

With no pushback and no questions asked, Earnhardt immediately spent several hours with a razor blade and soap, scratching off every atom of the sticker.

He then refused to take money from any sponsor who flew the confederate flag at races (which was really common in the 80’s-90’s)