I can highly recommend to delete all your Reddit Posts/Comments with the Browser Add-on Reddit Enhancement Suite.

• RomanRoy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I just edited all my comments and submissions older than 30 days to fuck /u/spez and pointing people to come over to Lemmy

On the 30th I’m gonna do with all my comments and delete my account later

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I liked Power Delete Suite for Reddit in the article, and used it to export a backup. Filed a GDPR request too.

• OtakuAltair@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Don’t, do this instead to fuck up their data and actively harm reddit’s value when they go public.

Copied from there:

• [Choose 1/3] Open Zompist’s gen. Take off the line saying “ki|či”, and click “Generate”. You’ll get some random babble like “Bepe topioi kabi brete i kropra”, copy it somewhere.
    • [Choose 2/3] Open https://sebpearce.com/bullshit/ to get an entire bullshit article
    • [Choose 3/3] Open https://nonsense.x2d.org/ to get a bullshit sentence, i suggest getting a few ones.
    • Open your Reddit profile and drag the button of Power Delete Suite to it.
    • [Optional] Check the box saying “prepare local backup of items”, if you want to save your content elsewhere.
    • Uncheck “remove comments”. You want to replace them with babble, not remove them.
    • [Optional] uncheck “remove posts”. It depends if you post mostly self posts or if you post links/pics. Use your reasoning.
    • Check “Edit comments / self posts”. It should open an input box for text; place the babble from Zompist’s gen there. Then click “process”.
    • Just wait!
    • [Optional] Click to download the backup of the items.

Let others know!

• greg@greg.city
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There have been some reports that Reddit is restoring deleted comments, so it’s recommended that people overwrite their comments instead of deleting them.

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I rewrote and deleted them, but I’m going to hold off on deleting the account for that reason and check back.

• Abie Nathan/TheyThem@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Please don’t do this.
    You can’t achieve anything by being reckless & self-centred (Like how old are you, you can’t process your trauma) all that will accomplish is more censorship on the internet aka more Repression/Suppression/Regression/Chaos/Divide/Disorder those are all variables that bring the worst out of people.

While they may lose content creators, the data can be used to build upon in the future for index/reference purposes.

• lembaOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s NOT about selfishness! It’s about privacy, your rights on your own words and data capitalism.