Young adults are throwing their support behind calls for a four-day workweek.

new national survey from CNBC/Generation Lab of 1,033 people aged 18 to 34 found that an overwhelming 81% of respondents believe a four-day workweek would boost their company’s productivity, while 19% said productivity would decline.

Those results from the “Youth & Money in the USA” survey come amid discussions around the potential benefits of switching from the standard five-day U.S. workweek to a four-day cadence without a pay cut.

Some companies have begun testing the arrangement, and say it has mitigated employee burnout and strengthened business performance.

• bolexforsoup@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

My company instituted half days for Friday (really it’s 3-3.5hrs) 3 years ago and it still feels amazing. We all work from home that morning tidying up a few things, have an all hands meeting, then break for the weekend at lunch. It has honestly changed my life as a parent of 2. Every week I have 5 hours during a time when all business are open to do whatever I need. Doctor appointments, deep cleans for the house, laundry, whatever.

Sometimes there isn’t a lot to do, so I just get to sit the down for a minute and watch a movie or play a video game or go on a walk when it’s nice out.

It’s been life changing. Not an exaggeration. We need a 4 day work week.

• givesomefucks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Vote progressive.

Bernie is about the only Senator and up that even talks about it.

Republicans and neoliberals will fight it out of principle that workers need to work, even tho most businesses are open 7 days a week and 4 days for full time would create a significant amount of more jobs.