• EatATaco@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

I’m literally defending my position, you and the other poster are just attacking my character.

It’s fine, I get it. It’s some of the same exact pushback I saw when I was arguing in favor of rights for homosexuals back during the rise of their widespread acceptance.

• jorp@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

You’re making the same arguments and even appealing to the same historic causes as pedophilia-acceptance advocates do.

Don’t try to make your desire to have sex with teens a civil rights issue, it cheapens everything that LGBTQ+ people have suffered and fought for.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

You’re making the same arguments and even appealing to the same historic causes as pedophilia-acceptance advocates do.

This is an empty ad hominem that I don’t care about. I’m not arguing that pedophilia is normal, I’m pointing out that being attracted to young women is not pedophilia and should stop being labelled as such.

Don’t try to make your desire to have sex with teens a civil rights issue, it cheapens everything that LGBTQ+ people have suffered and fought for.

I view it as quite the opposite: by labelling a perfectly normal attraction as a mental disorder, you’re guilty of the same puritanical nonsense that we have fought against for the past few decades.

• jorp@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 month ago

I’m really not trying to engage here but if you’re appealing to what makes biological sense then killing your sexual rivals and responding violently to aggression or stress are also perfectly normal and should be allowed by your reasoning.

You’re jumping through a lot of hoops to justify sexual relationships between people of vast maturity level and power imbalances.

The defining feature of human civilization is that we move beyond biological impulses

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  1 month ago

should be allowed by your reasoning.

I’ve been very clear and explicit that I believe the laws should exist. And yet you’re still arguing that I’m saying that because it’s natural, it should still be legal.

Sorry, but it’s clear you aren’t arguing in good faith or you’ve completely shut yourself down and are not open to reason, so I’ll bow out.

• jorp@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    1 month ago

Point is we treat those psychological violent urges and don’t brush them off as natural. We teach people how to cope with them. We don’t spend an awful lot of time justifying those impulses.

• Olhonestjim@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

No, you revealed your character by doing a VERY bad job of defending your position. Such that you need to change your position.

Arguing for the rights of homosexuals has nothing in common from what you’ve said here.