• Square Singer@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Dude, you are the only one who doesn’t get what this thread was about and who is only here to purpously misunderstand the topic. Nobody claimed that email is a software and actually I wasn’t talking about software or protocols but about systems/ecosystems.

If you have a look at what I said in the first post, I referenced email as a “system” not as software and said, that federated systems are harder to manage because you have much less control about the software that is used in that system. Email is a system, and the software that I referenced were implementations of software that handles emails. So not only are you rude and pedantic, but your whole point hinges on you misreading the first post and not understanding what the word “system” means.

And you know what, email isn’t even a protocol. There is no protocol named “email”. There are SMTP, POP3, IMAP and some other protocols, but there is not a single protocol named “email”. Because email is a system, where different software implementations (servers and clients) communicate over a set of protocols.

So before being pedantic and obnoxious, please first

• Read the post you are answering to
    • Try to understand it
    • Read up on the topic
    • Try to understand it
    • And then contribute in a meaningful way

You failed on all of these points.

If you seriously think your agressive discussion style is polite, then there’s nothing to add.