• Nuggsy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

City winning a title is like a windmill in the Mariana Trench.

What a season. The lads finished strong. They’ve improved so much and still have more to give.

COYG

• Astrealix@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’m really not even sad, I just don’t care. This is what City has done to football.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

This is sincere btw, I actually just can’t bring myself to care. Not angry, not sad, not anything. We keep going.

• Nuggsy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Taken the fun out if it for sure.

I’m just trying to focus on us and how far we’ve come and how there feels like a future and a goal for the club.

• sensiblepuffin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I have no problem believing it. As a thought exercise, imagine United or Liverpool or shudder Spurs winning the league today.

I’d be furious. I’d be back under the covers and refusing to come out for hours, maybe go on a rage workout or even have a few drinks.

But City winning? Yeah, sure. I don’t give a shit. I can only hope that their lawyers can’t save them from whatever weak punishment the FA doles out for permanently sucking the joy out of this league.

• ThePowerOfGeek@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

For real, I feel like we unofficially won the league. Man City is Cheat Mode FC, so among actual teams operating under regular rules we finished top of the league.

• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Considering our start and teething pain, this was a great season if we take a step back. Unfortunately the environment is this way, we just got to do our best to keep everyone honest in the words of Mustoe, keep pushing.

Signing of the season has got to be Rice, but I am most happy about Havertz. He is a testament to what a good environment does for a player, a testament to what Mikel created for the club. He is able to bring out the potential in these guys. Hell he got Tomiyasu to score this season, twice!

And Declan has a built in recharger, man has even more energy towards the end of the match, always gives it his all. £100m fucking worth it.

Have a great summer guys! We go again.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Honestly idk I think Havertz ends up our signing of the season for me. There’s so many points this season we wouldn’t have gotten if not for him.

• Nuggsy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Ahh, you’re gunna miss it, just like me xD

But I know exactly what you mean, haha

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I think in a way if Arsenal are to lose a Championship having had such a lead at one time it’s somewhat poetic justice that they have got the result on the last day even if they’re not to win it.