• WhatWouldKarlDo@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I was wondering why his username was so familiar! I’d completely forgotten about that idiot. I just checked out meanwhileongrad again. I get the feeling that they wanted it to be like shit liberals say or selfawarewolves. But there’s just nothing there. The top posts for the month were speculation that beehaw is run by US psy-ops, a discussion of homophobia in China, and a complaint about downvotes on a post on a liberal instance. (I can’t be bothered to look up what the post was)

That’s the absolute best that they could come up with in the last month. Well done libs.

• CriticalResist8@lemmygrad.mlM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

There’s something deeply wrong with that person to collect random and mundane comments as if it’s a catalogue of curiosities. I’m more amazed the instance doesn’t seem to care about hosting this kind of community on their website. It’s going to lead to doxxing, and they’ll act like they could have never predicted it.

Funny though that they call themselves a welcoming instance and then allow this kind of crap on their server.

• WhatWouldKarlDo@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I don’t think the person is dangerous. I think that the thought is that we’re a bunch of extremists, so we must be saying as much stupid shit as the fascists, and if only we’d listen to ourselves, we’d see how wrong we are. Horseshoe theory and all that. So there surely must be piles of misinformation and bigotry lying about that they can laugh at, right? But the pickings seem to be REALLY slim if the top post of all time is some gallows humour about the feds watching us. That’s clearly some narcissistic conspiracy theory shit, because it’s never happened before right? yuk yuk, look at the stupid tankies.

I could be wrong though. The fact that this person reads so much of our material but still thinks its all nonsense and even messages random people for debate is indicative of an extreme degree of brainwashing.