cross-posted from !meta@lemdro.id

As early as September 28, 2023, SMS messages will no longer be available when you update your Messenger app.

Was anybody actually using this? I honestly forgot this was a supported feature. This is coming from someone who is still not happy about Signal dropping SMS support.

• ijeff@lemdro.idOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I did for a bit many years ago for the chat heads support. IIRC I ended up switching to Textra, which also had chat heads before deciding I didn’t care for the feature enough when I moved to QKSMS.

• OverfedRaccoon 🦝@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I loved Textra. It’s not their fault, but I really love RCS support, and right now that’s basically Google Messages and a handful of preinstalled carrier messenger apps (if I’m not mistaken). I loved adding a 3 second delay on sending texts - I always seem to see typos as/after I hit send. 😂

• ijeff@lemdro.idOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Upvoted but I’ve since grown out of this feature. I now also like delaying message alerts for the sake of digital hygiene!

• inverimus@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

On android the app used to beg you to make it the default SMS app all the time, so lots of people probably use it without really trying to.

• Neve8028@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I did for a bit because the chat heads are nice. Eventually switched to google’s message app because I like being able to view and respond to texts from my desktop.

• Vegaprime@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Mine and wife’s new s23ultras won’t send pics to each other and I think this was her work around.

• WarmSoda@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

It took me years to get my dad to stop texting me with FB messager. I had to blatantly ignore his messages until he sent me a sms message.