• 0 Posts
  • 261 Comments
Joined 1 年前
cake
Cake day: 2023年7月16日

help-circle

• It had some really rough moments intertwined with some really well done moments. Overall it’s fine. The shots of the cities and some of the fights were beautiful. I also really liked some of the zuko and iroh backstory that wasn’t in the original show. Some of the dialogue was very clunky and they mashed up a bunch of stories into the same episode which felt weird and didn’t totally work. I enjoyed watching it for the most part. It was never going to be as good as the original so I think going in with that expectation helped.

• I moderated a mid sized sub for a while. Around 100k users. It was a hobby I was into and I figured may as well moderate because I was spending a lot of time on the sub anyways. It also let me put together some community events which were always fun. Once it stopped being fun and started feeling like a job, I left. I never really thought about it as doing free work for reddit and more helping community building for a hobby I had. People do it for all sorts of reasons. The “power mods” are really the issue.

• The closest I can find is that he just seems like such a smug asshole.

Check out Tom Scott Plus! He challenges himself a lot on that channel and pushes himself out of his comfort zone! I think it’s a great display of his humility and shows him outside of his usual role as more of a narrator on his main channel.

Some of my favorites from the plus channel are the episodes where he gives his producer a tattoo, overcomes his fear of rollercoasters, and tries to learn wrestling.

• If they’re really just after data at all costs, they could easily spin up an instance that has no apparent link to threads and federate secretly. I agree with other arguments about not federating with them but idk, all these data privacy arguments against federating with threads are so dumb. If they want it, they’ll get it because getting it is so absurdly easy.