• oselecto@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Of course you could just write on a sticker with a pen, but where’s the fun in that!

• phx@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

And once you’ve got the QR codes on, you setup a pi with a camera than can read them and give you the results, maybe with a red/yellow/green LED for age :-)

• kattenluik@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Using an entire SBC for that seems kind of overpowered and unnecessary, just a little microcontroller or your phone will do!

• Footnote2669@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Add a scale spool holder and have an excel sheet automatically updated and make it warn you whenever you slice a model

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I use white sharpie crayon-pencils (the grease pens with the paper you peel back a section at a time). Write it write on that reel.

• empireOfLove@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Brilliant idea. I really should start labeling stuff like that, I’ve used some handwritten notes but QR codes sound a lot easier to plop in a database.

Are they full data containing QR’s (they have all info text contained within the code) or do they link to an external database/software that tracks them?

• niwla23OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Glad you like the idea. I actually started selling these QR Codes readily printed, but you can also do it yourself with some technical skills. The QR Codes are generated and printed before their purpose and content is known. You just scan a new code and have a markdown / rich text editor where you can put any text and attach images or files.

• runner_g@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Not OP but for sticking you can probably get square labels from Avery, or be lazy and print on printer paper and use packing tape to adhere.

• niwla23OP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yes, I use Avery Labels. Still looking for an alternative because I would like to have smaller ones so I can stick them to very small stuff but the smallest square label I have found so far is 20x20mm