Hi guys,

Anyone old like me who still likes to buy music CDs, but young enough where I want to rip perfect flac files from them? My tool of choice has been exact audio copy for like, ever.

I realized this weekend it’s the only windows software left that I still boot into windows for. Used to be the odd game here and there that didn’t work in linux, but even that has stopped.

Anyways - I’m looking for all the bells and whistles. It handles gaps correctly, can create cue sheets, does error correction, and ultimately allows me to make a 100% backup of a music CD (I can take a blank CD and make a perfect copy of the original). Anything in the AUR that does this? Anyone have success running EAC with proton/wine etc and can offer some tips? Thanks.

• Kongar@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

I wanted to update this post and specifically call out this reply. I ended up using bottles and EAC worked right out of the gate without a single issue. I thought there’d be issues getting to the drive hardware, but it turns out that it couldn’t be simpler. It just showed up, auto detection of drive parameters worked, and I was ripping CDs right away.