• splonglo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

The arrest warrant isn’t for genocide. It isn’t mentioned at all. It’s about mass killing and using starvation as a weapon of war. Joe and his team obviously knew that before issuing the statement, so this must be intentional misrepresentation. So if anyone is under the impression that the US is just a neutral and unbiased third party; here’s a clear cut example of them lying to support the Netanyahu government.

• mecfs@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

I doubt anyone ever thought the Us was unbiased in Israel-Palestine.

One of the first the americans started blaming for 9/11 before it was revealed to be Al-Qaeda was Palestine.

• splonglo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Let me put it another way: There are lots of people who believe that the US and co are at least fair on this issue. It’s worth assuming that for every narrative and impression given by the media there will be people who accept them.

So I think there’s a lot of utility in putting yourself in that frame of mind and then thinking: ’ If I believed this, what would make me question it? ’

• MisterD@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

He should have said nothing.

He may have just thrown the election

• Why9@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

With protests as rife as they are across the world, and sentiment against Netenyahu at its lowest as he begins murdering innocent people in Rafah (and crossing Biden’s own red line as well as many nations red lines in the process), the last thing Biden, already dubbed genocide Joe, had to do was throw his full weight behind Israel and drag the US down with him.

We all know that Trump will be disastrous for the US, and a self-proclaimed dictator with followers who literally worship him as the Messiah will turn the US into a nation akin to what we’ve been deriding and attacking for decades. Trump cannot win, of course he can’t. But to expect voters to back Biden when he’s this brazenly in support of a genocide is delusional.

If dems want to win the vote, they MUST front a new candidate. Biden simply has too much blood on his hands this time. Dem voters will most likely abstain, and if not, then they’ll split the Dem vote. Tell Biden to sit down and let someone else run.

• Why9@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

If you’re implying Trump should lead America again, you’re literally insane. Anyone who believes that man should be let near a position of power - let alone the highest office in the US - is either ignorant or has vested interest in the decision.

If you’re convinced that what’s happening in Palestine is par for the course, and that Israel’s actions are justified, and that the people protesting around the globe for Palestine are being over dramatic, you’re ignorant, blind and truly deluded, or, again, you’ve some personal bias towards Israel which fails to allow you to accept reality.

If you don’t agree with both of the above statements, then you cannot disagree with my comment. I said Trump cannot win because he isn’t fit for office. I also implied that Biden is tarnished by the Israel conflict to be seen in a positive light by his voters. If the Dems want the win, they can’t possibly go into an election with a president who is actively leaning into his “Genocide Joe” moniker. They need another candidate.

• TIMMAY@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

He knows he’d be next if they were successful at this. This election situation makes me want to fucking throw up on a daily basis. Fuck you biden for making me vote for a genocidal piece of shit like you, and triple fuck the maga retards for making me vote for anyone but an actual fascist cuck. I hate this place

• NauticalNoodle@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck…

—I just saw this story while creepin’ on Reddit. That place has become completely overrun by astroturfing propogandists. It’s depressing on one had and on the other it makes me glad I deleted my user accounts the day they wen’t public.

• mlg@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Incumbent losing elections speedrun (New World Record)

• Asidonhopo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Curious who the last US president who meaningfully criticized Israel would have been. If I had to guess Biden is bound by defense treaties and other formal agreements, both public and covert, and has to walk a fine line in how he talks about this and other geopolitical matters.

• conditional_soup@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Yes, this is accurate. Trump, however, showed us that you could just ignore the law and make your own rules with blackjack and hookers, and the worst thing that’ll happen is some stern finger wagging. If there was ever a time to do that, stopping a genocide is it.

• mlg@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

LBJ was responsible for covering up USS Liberty

And Kennedy was supposedly killed for opposing things like toppling nations such as Cuba.

So I would assume Kennedy as he would likely have been much more critical of their actions and would have made the incident very public.

• jmcs
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Why does something tell me that this speech is going to be shown on repeat on all Russian TV channels?