Norway, Ireland and Spain recognized a Palestinian state on Wednesday in a historic move that drew condemnation from Israel and jubilation from the Palestinians. Israel ordered back its ambassadors from Norway and Ireland.

It was a lightning cascade of announcements. First was Norway, whose Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre said “there cannot be peace in the Middle East if there is no recognition.”

Gahr Støre said the Scandinavian country will officially recognize a Palestinian state as of May 28. “By recognizing a Palestinian state, Norway supports the Arab peace plan,” he said.

• Brickardo@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Just took a look at the reddit comments on a similar piece of news. It’s a cesspool of just-created accounts up voting each other on pro-Israel comments.

It’s a pity some influentiable people won’t be able to immediately notice that they are bots.

• ID411@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Reddit has been pretty much captured by Israeli propagandists. Lots of single-issue accounts created in the last few months - seems very well coordinated.

• A'random Guy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

That’s not true at all. I never got in trouble on reddit until I started arguing with hamas supporters. Those bans came fast.

• masquenox@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

I never got in trouble on reddit until I started arguing with hamas supporters.

Right, right… I guess Israel just couldn’t outspend Hamas on reddit with all their hundreds of billions in US handout-money, eh?

• problematicPanther@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

do you mean people critical of the israeli government and the way that the idf are conducting the war? is everyone who disagrees with you hamas?

• A'random Guy@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

People or bots supporting hamas is hamas enough. From the river to the sea. You can play nuance armchair quarterback if you want. I don’t.

• problematicPanther@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

The Palestinian people deserve to be free from their oppressors. Calling for an end to the insane actions by Israel is not pro Hamas, it’s just pro-human decency.

And anyone saying anything else is supportive of and complicit in genocide and war crimes. Fuck Zionists.

• Perfide@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Yep r/worldnews went from condemning Russia for their war crimes on Ukraine to damn near universally praising and supporting Israel’s war crimes on Palestine.

Sadly, I don’t think it’s all bots and propagandists. A lot of them are real people that really do have that level of cognitive dissonance.

• masquenox@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Sadly, I don’t think it’s all bots and propagandists.

You don’t need that many bots and propagandists when liberals are so ready to fall in line.

• Nimrod_butts@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Ukraine didn’t attack Russia first with rapist maniacs. If it did I think you’d find more people would turn a blind eye to Russian atrocities too.

• Somethingcheezie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

To me this is the issue. An elected government attacked its neighbour. Sure they (hamas) used shit soldiers with no plan other than to draw their enemy into a media war and the cost of their citizens and children. But they none the less attacked.

If the tow arms are separate then they should have cooperated with returning hostages.

• bufalo1973@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

How nice of you to forget the other 70 years of Israel killing Palestinians.

• Somethingcheezie@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

Both sides have been killing each other for those 70 years. Before that it was just the Jews getting killed which apparently is ok with you

• bufalo1973@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                30 days ago

Before that the Zionists, not the “normal” Jews, where doing terrorist attacks on Palestine. Just like they do now. This shit comes from XIX century. And Zionists have always have the same relation with Judaism like AlQaeda with Muslims.

• AlolanYoda@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Your comment made me finally go there and check. Wow, the comments here and there are night and day. The most common comment on similar threads is “Norway, Spain and Ireland are showing the world that terrorism works”.