I know, the platform isn’t ready, the platform needs more creators, the platform has technical improvements to do…We could have said the same for Lemmy before the Reddit blackout, the same for Mastodon on Twitter.

The main limitation I see at the moment are PeerTube instances, badly communicating, from what I’ve been able to realize, and there are no reference instances as it was for Lemmy.

#viralhashtag

• pragmakist@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

There’s a serious onboarding problem for people who do not yet have the skills to make worthwhile content here.

• Jakob :lemmy:@lemmy.schuerz.at
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

People who can create a yt-channel an upload videos there should be able to do the same on peertube… whats the problem?

Ok…

On youtube, your account is your channel. On Peertube, you can create more than one channel with your account.

• pragmakist@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Personally I find that the problem is that no one will let me in.

(Or even respond to the request!)

And sure, I can just start my own server and keep that up to date and running.

I acknowledge that, but that’s just one more thing that gets in the way, and I have enough things to learn as it is.

Also, sure, some of these sites must at some time have responded to requests, and some might still do so, it’s just a simple matter of trying again, right?