• darmabum@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I know that Jack Smith, and Fanni Willis, are too professional to be bothered by such inflammatory remarks, but it can’t be a smart move to attack the people who are writing indictments. Not all the donations in the world can make up for what he will face in prison.

• Brudder Aaron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

While I really REALLY hope he doesn’t weasel himself out of this, our justice system highly favors people with money to pay for crimes to go away.

• clickyclack@lemmy.kya.moe
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I wonder when the big republican donors will give up throwing money at the problem. A twice impeached, twice loser of the general election, 3 indictments so far and DeSantis fighting shadows and losing. I’d just save my money for the midterms

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

The really big donors are either investors in trump already, and getting hit with the sink cost fallacy or shopping elsewhere for their politicians

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Honestly, I can’t imagine what they’re going through.

And I doubt very much either of them aren’t bothered.

No amount of professionalism will keep you from feeling it. They are professionals, and they hide it well… but they still have feelings and it still hurts. (And I assume the threats by his thugs make them angry and scared,)