So I’ve talked in an Operations Log about defining AI, and I’m glad we’re getting close to defining what the “AI” in “Fuck AI” is more specifically, because I see that, in programs like MdJ, StD, and ChatGPT, there is an element of class warfare in it. I really want tech workers to pile in here, because the entire success of these programs – those in which a prompt is written, and an uncannily detailed image is made, or a long yet coherent passage is typed – is built entirely on the efforts of workers. The reason I want to delineate AI from other things is because programs like the A-star algorithm, autocorrect, 3D modeling programs, and Vocaloids do not require an absurd amount of data to operate.

This article here most certainly explains why everything works so smoothly, as does this, and there is a book called Ghost Work that I’m going to read after my current one which illuminates a massive, hidden proletariat beneath the Silicon Valley bourgoise. If you are an artist whose work has been scraped, you can probably add to this testimony.

I had a hunch about AI being not as mighty as it seemed, and altho it’s not wise to trust hunches, those articles, along with ones I sent to this community daily, prove thus: No technological capability of AI can exist without the labor-value of countless workers, whether taken from previous commodities (scraped images and text), or taken from workers continually (the business investigated by Dzeiza).

If you are an illlustrator, photographer, author, or other artist whose work was scraped, or someone else whose field is going to be “replaced with AI”, this means you! Yes, you are the proletariat! Just like how a factory worker is only paid by how little the robber baron can get away with, so too are you only paid by how little a tech-bro can get away with.n1 And when there’s a machine that a tech-bro can use to pay you nothing at all for your work, they will gladly use that machine.

I know that Marxism may be misappropriated by regions across the world, or that there are Tankies who champion Marxism but do not advance worker’s rights. Well, if a Booster claims to be a Marxist, I will not believe them. AI has allowed people to pluck the labor-power from the proletariat as easily as one would click a mouse. I’m certain that Marxism is an ideal way to discuss why AI can and should be opposed.